On the last day of work last year I was driving home with Ms A and we were discussing my dates over the previous few months, the different qualities that each of them had and why they weren’t my future husband.
Ms A attempted to check the guys off against the Top 5 list of criteria that I was asked to specify when I signed up to the Executive Matchmaker, but it had been a while since then and it was stretching my memory to remember what was in the Top 5. I started rattling off things and realised by the 8th item that I could keep going for quite a while.
The original Top 5 was:
4. Nice teeth
5. No kids
Which are certainly right up there in priority of what I’m looking for, but seeing the whole Executive Matchmaker thing was rubbish and they clearly didn’t know shit, I’ve revisited the list without the constraint of a 5 item cap and I’ve determined that I need a Top 16.
1. Tall – 6ft plus
5. Ambitious / motivated in life
6. Has shit together
7. Would fit in with family AND friends (it’s often been one or the other…or neither)
8. No kids
9. Wants kids at some point
10. 33-42ish (although I previously thought up to 45, that IVF Single Women Sperm Donor session that I went to revealed that a man’s sperm quality erodes significantly from 43, with a higher chance of birth defects etc, so unless he’s got some frozen somewhere to add to my likely frozen eggs by that stage in a few years time…which is totes awks to ask on a first date…it’s probably not going to work)
11. A ‘manly’ man
12. Nice teeth
13. A bit of a foodie
14. Definitely not a vegetarian – pizza with 5 different types of meat on it drives me wild
15. Not a non-drinker – wine is one of my favourite pastimes
I also would like to put ’17. In to cars’ on the list but really, I could probably concede on that fact. If I had to…
At least that gives me the criteria to know for sure when I’ve found my Unicorn – the one that meets the whole Top 17!