Today I finally got a reply from Blue Label Life in response to my complaints and refund request. They clearly had spent a lot of time trying to verify that they spent a lot of time on finding me love and that they do not owe me anything. It’s quite an interesting read in my opinion.
Below is a direct copy and paste of their email to me which details all the ‘matches’ they believe they gave me. I have added in my own comments <like this> about the quality of these matches.
You be the judge!
I hope this email finds you well.
I have had a discussion with Samantha and Elizabeth regarding your membership and the defamatory posts on True Local.
I would like for you to take a look at the detailed description of the work that has been provided for your membership.
Following is a summary of your membership –
Date joined: 7th August, 2013
Membership level: Gold = 6 introductions/matches
Membership terms state that one introduction/match per month. Each member is entitled to decline two matches before they are counted as an introduction.
Your preferences according to information obtained primarily during the initial consultation but which may have been added to as your membership progressed: ‘Preferences: Ideally looking for someone 32 – 44yrs old , intelligent, foodie, prefers no kids, funny, ambitious, preferably 6ft and above, good teeth, masculine, she makes approx $xxx a year and would like someone in a similar range, has interest in cars.
There has been considerable amount of administration involved with your membership, this is charged at a $350.00 administration fee; this includes uploading your profile to our internal system and set-up of your account on our internal database.
Compatibility tests are valued at $100 per match, total value = $600. Please note we do not charge for the five (5) declines made against you.
Photo shoot – The photo-shoot itself cost $150.00 and then for an additional $50.00 we were provided with one (1) photograph of our choosing.
Coaching with Samantha: $500.
There have been 19 Matches established and sent to you as an introduction or an invitation to meet – We normally work on a one match per month basis. In the 10 months you have been a member we have sent you 19 introductions, 8 of which you have declined. As you will see below we have met our obligations pertaining to the number of matches we have provided you with.
Gold Membership = 6 matches.
Your membership activity = 19 matches.
1. 20/08/2013 Introducing Man 1 (you accepted / numbers exchanged) <Clerical worker who didn’t answer MM’s email for over a week, so she sent me Man 2 in the meantime. We eventually did meet though on 17/09/2013 as per this post>
2. 28/08/2013 Introducing Man 2 (you declined) <Man 2 was 175cm tall. I am 178cm tall. A man who is taller than me was in my top 5, which from my initial interview I believed would be the factors that they focused on. I also said I’d prefer to wait for Man 1 to respond, which I feel is a reasonable request to have just one man on the go at a time when you are attempting to find a serious relationship>
3. 23/09/2013 Introducing Man 3 (you declined) <This man I freely admit that there was nothing specific in his profile that didn’t meet the criteria I had discussed with MM, but he appeared stuffy, wrote about liking to visit museums on weekends, his favourite movies were French arty films and I really just didn’t see what we would have in common. This was also after me expressing my disappointment with my membership after Man 1 kept me waiting for weeks and then was not professional or executive>
4. 25/09/2013 Introducing Man 4 (you accepted/ he declined) <Not a match, T&Cs do not say men that reject you are a match. I also feel the expert matchmaking process is falling down if you keep getting declines as they say they only match you with people that they see as highly compatible to you and thus unlikely to decline I would assume>
5. 25/09/2013 Introducing Man 5 (you accepted/ he declined) <Not a match, note 2 matches given on the same day. Scattergun approach>
6. 27/09/2013 Introducing Man 6 (you accepted / numbers exchanged) <This is the truck driver. MM agreed to wipe him from my match tally as he clearly did not meet the standards of the agency. Read about this date here>
7. 17/10/2013 Introducing Man 7 (you declined) <This match was given immediately after a long discussion with MM about my disappointment with the service to date. She said she was committed to getting it right. Man 7 was 5’9”, I am 5’10”. Another match that didn’t meet my ‘Top 5’>
8. 21/10/2013 Introducing Man 8 (you accepted / numbers exchanged) <This is the spitter. Read about that date here>
9. 22/11/2013 Introducing Man 9 (you declined) <This was probably the most ridiculous suggestion of all the men I was matched with. Firstly he looked like he was about 50. Secondly, he had children. Thirdly, he lived in Melbourne, but came to Sydney regularly. Oh great, a booty call guy! I can get those for free on Tinder (or anywhere really). Again I had to have the conversation with MM about being disappointed with the service>
10. 18/12/2013 Introducing Man 10 (you declined) <This man was gorgeous! Sounded smart, successful, was 6’2” and sounded amazing. His profile stats indicated that he had no children, so I excitedly read on only to see him mention his ‘boy’ as one of his greatest achievements. I responded to MM asking if he had kids or not? She had to check and said yes he does, but he rarely sees him as he is interstate with his mum. Hmmm, was that actually supposed to make it better? If I was to change my mind that I was happy to date a man with children, I certainly wouldn’t want a man that isn’t being a real dad to his kids. This was the point at which I posted my first True Local review and I booked in for my ‘relationship coaching’ session with the agency’s owner & CEO Samantha, with the intention of using this session to express how unsatisfied I was with the service. I did this, but my concerns were dismissed>
11. 16/01/2013 Introducing Man 11 (you declined) <Note 3 men were given to me on the same day on this occasion. MM said she had already sent Man 13 before, but I had not received that email. I said yes to 12 and 13 for the time being. 3 was a bit much!>
12. 16/01/2013 Introducing Man 12 (you accepted/ numbers exchanged) <This is the Stockbroker. My first suitable match in terms of his qualities, but his poor dating behaviour tripped us up. Read about him here and here>
13. 16/01/2013 Introducing Man 13 (you accepted/ he declined) <I actually never heard back from MM about this guy either way. I got distracted by Man 12>
14. 19/03/2014 Introducing Man 14 (you accepted/ we could not reach him) <A man that went AWOL, obviously very committed to his membership and finding a relationship >
15. 11/04/2014 Introducing Man 15 (you accepted/ we could not get in touch with him for awhile, away and would like to meet end of June) <It was almost 2 months before they heard back from Man 15 and conveniently on the same day I asked for a refund>
16. 02/05/2014 Introducing Man 16 (you accepted/ we could not reach Man 16) <Again?!?!>
17. 19/05/2014 Introducing Man 17 (you accepted/ Man 17 declined) <Not a match>
18. 29/05/2013 Introducing Man 18 (your email was read as a decline, we can still send him your profile should you wish to proceed) <I again asked for a refund on this day and it was declined. I then was sent this guy who was shorter than me and I had no real attraction to anything in his profile, but I told MM ‘I do not feel I will be attracted to Man 18. As you have acknowledged, he is outside of my preferences. If you are so confident that this is the way forward, let’s give it a test hey’. She took this as a decline, but it was not. Weeks later I again said I wanted a refund as I hadn’t even ever heard back about Man 18 and they can’t seem to find me a match at all. I posted about my disatisfaction again on True Local and mentioned the refund request. CEO declined my refund request. >
19. 19/06/2014 Introducing Man 19 (CEO has headhunted him, you declined) <I responded that as per the numerous conversations we had had, I have no confidence in their service and I just wish to terminate the relationship. I did not request them to headhunt for me, nor do I want this>
Having carefully considered your membership activity, we have come to the conclusion that given the term and conditions, your membership is complete and we will not be offering a refund. However, in good faith we would be happy to entertain a negotiation including coaching or a possible extension to your membership.
I am happy to discuss this and any questions you may have regarding this matter. Feel free to call at any time.
Have a lovely day.
We love to hear from you. If you would like another match, please contact a BLL team member every month!
Blue Label Life (BLL)
Melbourne | Sydney |Canberra
Head Office: Level 11 | 84 Pitt St | Sydney | NSW, 2000
T: 02 8065 6400